Thursday, August 28, 2008

Orbit around the origin

I don't know about you but I hate it when I try to orbit in a 3D view and for some reason the entire model goes missing. Well this is because when you begin a project and start modeling, you establish an origin. Then when you're in a 3D view and you try to orbit, Revit wants to orbit the view around the original origin. The way to override this is to select a part of the model and then orbit. When you select a part of the model you temporarily make it the new origin thus telling Revit to orbit around it.

No comments:

Welcome to revitED!

RevitED (Revit Education) and general BIM topics. I've been using Revit now for 11 years, and though I feel I've got a pretty good handle on the software it seems each day I learn something new. I want to share that with the readers of this blog and hope you learn something new as well.