Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Year's Resolution

I know it's kind of cliche, but I really will be making a concerted effort to post to my blog on a regular basis. I'm going to try an change things up for this new year. First change will be what I include in the posts. I'm done adding images to the blog. At least I'm done adding so many. I figure if a picture is worth a thousand words then a video must be worth a million. The bottom line is it takes me too long to snag all those images when I can just record my screen and post that. So look for more videos this year. I guess that's the only big change right now, but we'll see how it goes. I'd feel pretty remiss if I didn't add something about Revit in this post, after all this is a Revit blog. So for those of you fairly new to Revit you should realize that when in Revit holding the Shift key and the middle mouse wheel will allow you to orbit. What you may not know is Revit will always orbit around the origin of the model unless you select an element in the model. If you select something in the view, Revit temporarily changed it's origin the the element selected. Very useful when your model begins to get large.

No comments:

Welcome to revitED!

RevitED (Revit Education) and general BIM topics. I've been using Revit now for 11 years, and though I feel I've got a pretty good handle on the software it seems each day I learn something new. I want to share that with the readers of this blog and hope you learn something new as well.